- Why haven't you launched the US version of Mountain Dew?
We couldn't just launch US Dew in the UK for two reasons...
- In the EU there are different regulations on what can and can't go into our products. As such, we have had to tweak the formula slightly to comply with those regulations.
- The US Dew uses HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup) to sweeten the product, but in the UK we use just normal, plain and simple sugar. The two taste slightly different which very subtly impacts taste.
Rest assured our Dew loving friends, we literally locked our technicians (guys in white lab coats with thick rimmed glasses) away for weeks and until they had created the great tasting product you can try today — this is the output of their combined mega brains!
- So, why can I buy US Dew over the internet and in cyber candy etc.?
Some retailers will have a license to import US products and can therefore sell US Dew. Other products will be illegally imported. As we manufacture Dew in the UK we have to comply with EU regulations — we're good like that.
- Why can't I buy Dew everywhere?
That's a question for the shops! It is up to them as to whether or not they choose to stock Dew, if it were down to us we'd have it everywhere!
We do our best to persuade them they own the stores and therefore what goes in them. The great thing is because you guys have got behind the brand, more and more retailers are agreeing to stock us, meaning you can buy us in more places — so keep it up… together we will conquer!
- Where can I find Dew No Sugar?
Dew No Sugar has dropped and you can grab a bottle from all the usual wholesalers, forecourts and supermarkets. If your local store doesn’t stock it, make sure to ask them why not!
- What different packs do you now have and where are they?
If you like to vary your MDDS (Mountain Dew Delivery System — sweet name eh?) then we've got a pack for every occasion...
- 500ml — Available in most supermarkets, petrol stations, High St store etc, but you might need to ask your local corner shop to stock it
- 1L — Tesco, Sainsburys & Papa John’s Pizza
- 330ml Can — Available in some corner stores
- When are you bringing out new flavours?
We really want as many people as possible to try the refreshing citrus blast of Mountain Dew so currently we are focusing on the original flavour and getting lots of shops to stock Mountain Dew and Dew No Sugar. We’ll be sure to let you know if we bring out any new flavours in the future though!